- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way
Our Software team develops app integration and ensures connectivity in our machines. We’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience.
About the role
You are an experienced Android developer, with a passion for Computer Science and Software Engineering, including algorithms, design patterns, and software architecture principles. You will have been working in a team delivering software using an agile framework (such as SCRUM), and you will understand how to write high-quality, unit-tested code in Kotlin and Java.
- Develop features for our Dyson Link app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Work with everyone in the wider team: TPOs, Scrum Masters, test engineers, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and embedded software engineers
- Collaborate with, and share knowledge within the app team
- Identify new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Deep knowledge of Android development and Kotlin/Java language syntax
- Good familiarity with design patterns, including MVVM or MVP
- Good experience of writing unit tests, designing for testability and ideally TDD
- Experience with reactive programming using RxJava
- Experience of Git Flow, continuous integration and Agile teamwork
- Able to work in the Bristol office 3-4 days per week (in line with Goverment restrictions)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.