- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleThe Senior NPI Strategy Manager works with our NPI engineers on developing the future product pipeline plan. You’ll lead the assessment of the strategic and commercial attractiveness of N-project concepts and support the development of category strategy by working with the Head of Strategy – Categories. The role will track the category project portfolios and how well they fit with and are tracking towards the achievement of our strategic goals. This should include flagging projects that are missing or those which are off-strategy.
Working across teams, this role will use lateral and structured thinking and insight to define the market opportunity, identifying gaps and evaluate the USPs. You will develop the product claims as well as verifying the strategic and commercial attractiveness of product propositions and specifications. Owning insight, opportunity sizing, and routes-to-market analysis you will ensure the product pipeline aligns with the category strategy and the wider Dyson strategy. You will then help steer projects through the upstream development milestones by working cross functionally with multi-functional teams to ensure profitable ranges, pricing strategies and successful go-to-market plans.
About the Role
- Contribute to the development of Category strategy; feed in NPI and product pipeline perspectives
- Communicate category and Dyson strategy to the NPI engineers
- Be the guardian of category strategy – ensure that it is translated into a strong product pipeline and flag where products are missing of not on-strategy
- Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources of insight to understand the consumer and dynamics category
- Lead the delivery of the strategy and commercial elements of CS, BA and DV milestones for each N-project in the category
- Identify key claims, technologies and price points. Ensure testing is carried out to substantiate early claims
- Analyse consumers, competitors, retailers and other players. Predict how the market will evolve and assess how projects will fare. Guide NPI to develop pioneering products with a strong chance of commercial success
- Work with category finance to develop a robust business case for each project, which assesses and characterises the nature of the project, the level of confidence and the key drivers of success
- Ensure a successful and secure hand over of the project to the category teams at the DV milestone
- As a senior member of the NPI commercial team, guide and mentor other team members. Play a role in the evolution of the team and ways of working
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Product Management, Strategy or Marketing role.
- You will be confident and credible when working with the entire range of people right across the business, at all levels of seniority
- Commercially astute and customer focused, you’ll be passionate about what it takes to make a product successful in market
- Concise and articulate in communicating analysis and evidence, both written and verbally. Able to onboard and excite others with ideas and approaches
- Confident at building business case scenarios and reviewing financial outputs. Firm understanding of the financial drivers that can support product strategy decisions
- We’d like you to build strong working relationships with our engineers therefore a passion and understanding of technology is critical
- You’ll be thorough in your approach and have an eye for the detail and will make a conscious effort to understand the actual cause behind an occurrence happening
- You’ll be capable of logically de-constructing an issue or problem and finding creative solutions. Able to handle large amounts of information and provide quick, timely analysis in keeping with time pressures for projects.
- You will enjoy the challenge of getting involved in a range of activities as priorities and requirements evolve. Equally happy and capable working independently on analysis or taking a more facilitative/leading role with others when needed.
- You must be willing and able to ‘talk truth to power’, ensuring that decisions are evidence-led and as authentic as possible
- Willing to call-out when category strategy is not being followed or executed
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.