- Manufacturing and tooling
- Calamba - Philippines
Dyson Operations ensure every market has full product availability – requiring meticulous strategic planning. Working with Dyson HQ, global markets, manufacturers and logistics providers, the team coordinates launch timetables, sales forecasts and stock-flow around the world. Every day brings new challenges. A country’s exchange rate can suddenly affect demand. Strikes, delays, legal challenges all have an impact. It makes the team one of the most dynamic in the business. And with more direct sales planned to drive growth, meeting complex customer demands has become another exciting challenge.
The role is to lead an operations team at Category Level to deliver new projects into production on time on cost and on quality and to ensure that on-going production demand is met.
The role will lead a team of experienced operationally focused project managers/leaders who are responsible for the coordination of cross functional teams. These cross function teams are to deliver, monitor and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering project into mass production.
Drive adherence to the manufacturing plans for the products that have entered production.
Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership with clear hands on approach in delivering the objectives by using proven project management and influencing skills. They will have the responsibility in to overcome all obstacles in ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost and specification.
A key attribute is to have complete understanding of all aspects of transferring a project from the design phase into mass manufacture and the obstacles that are encountered.
Competent risk and issue management including effective escalation, executive summary, and clear data based recommendations for decisions making and expenditure.
Challenge all teams in driving improved performance in all aspects of operations management and notably the results in achieving consistent manufacturing quality and output post SOP.
Ensure that best practice manufacturing systems are being used, and to continue to challenge how we operate within the factories.
Ensure investments and capital spending are effectively planned and managed to achieve company strategy and objectives.
Share a trusting relationship with team, and to create a well disciplined and result orientated team.
Perform any other ad hoc duties assigned from time to time by the management.
Report into the Head of Operations. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of Projects are:
Implementation of new contractor manufacturer/sub-contractor
Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
Driving CSR program
Efficiency Program related to:
Waste reduction and Process Improvements Engineering Change Management
Key component manufacturing
Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve yield and quality
Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherence to specifications.
Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized
· Manufacturing Operations experience in running hi volume hi mix production, and the deliverance of complex projects into production.
· Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
· Know how of production planning and its constraints/opportunities.
· Project/Program Management experience – Knowledge of new product realization, including all DFX disciplines, risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, issue resolution and commonly accepted best practices.
· Industrial engineering skills preferable (minimize cycle time, line balance, labour and machine effectiveness).
· Supplier Management skills (ensure adequate supplier base to give flexibility, capacity and competitive supplies).
· Motivated by driving continuous improvement to the working practices and processes.
· Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
· Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
· Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business, work in a fast paced environment, deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
· Able to multi task, adequate knowledge and experience of business and management principles (procurement and commercial processes, budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and people)
· Strong skills and experience partnering with leaders in the business – identifying needs and finding solutions that multiple leaders can agree on.
· Ability to bring to the attention of management any issues that will affect the overall operational efficiency and to seek timely approvals from management to implement measures to avoid any disruption or interruptions to the operations.
· Ability to lead and motivate other not in direct line of responsibility; this role is to influence change.
· Proven ability to lead and co-ordinate team activity in multi-functional environment as well as successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
· Ability to recruit, develops, and motivates personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
· Able to guide and mentor a team of Operations management staff plus strong leadership qualities with a high level of integrity.
· Good inter personal skills totally committed to high team achievement.
· Good decision making abilities, ability to create accountability and lead by example.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate professionally and effectively with varying levels of internal and external contacts.
· Dynamic, committed, resourceful, energetic, decisive and persistent individual.
· Ability to travel for short periods locally and abroad.
· Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering with computer literacy.
· At least 15 to 20 years of working experience in relevant industry (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment, and handling project/program management), and to have held at least one senior position for the last 10 years.
Knowledge of plastic injection mold tooling and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification.
Spray painting knowledge.
Project Management – Experience/Formal Training or MS project knowledge.
Six Sigma Training.
Lean Manufacturing Principles- Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization.