- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the roleAs Senior/Operations Manager within New Product Innovation (NPI), you will be central in leading effective ways of working to drive departmental efficiency. You will be accountable to govern and report on both the resource and health status of projects within the growing NPI portfolio, recommending any necessary actions to meet Dyson’s 2025 ambitions and maintaining our pioneering position.
You will work with programme management teams across NPI Concepts, NPI Projects and D&PE (Design and Product Experience), as well as collaborating closely with Research and Category on shared initiatives. The role will require the aptitude to step from long-term strategic thinking, through to tactical continuous improvement and day-to-day issue resolution.
What we need you to do…
- Manage a portfolio of fast-moving projects in a dynamic, creative environment.
- Distil complex issues into clear effective messages as part of portfolio health reporting.
- Mentor and guide preparation for Concept Start reviews.
- Manage open actions following DDRs (Dyson Design Reviews) and advise as necessary.
- Manage resource allocation/demand activities and represent NPI in Category Portfolio Reviews.
- Negotiate with function resource managers to cover shortfalls.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within Dyson to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Manage team budget & headcount.
- Challenge and develop Dyson programme/operations management practices to continuously improve effectiveness.
- Manage and champion Health & Safety processes within NPI.
- Own/contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- Mentor and coach team members, championing best practice.
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Experience working with creative teams.
- Experience of policy and process design and implementation.
- First/2:1 Degree or equivalent.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Confident and comfortable when interacting with senior executives, without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail and ability to challenge assumptions and convention.
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflict, inspire teams, mentor peers, and promote PM principals and best practice
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably the Atlassian suite.
- Team player & self-starter, strong communicator at all levels.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.