- Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
- Intellectual Property, Security and Risk
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Our Global Privacy Team seeks a Senior Privacy Advisor for the Americas market with expertise in privacy and data protection. This role requires a privacy subject matter expert to support the business in privacy requirements which are in line with Dyson’s global privacy framework.
This position will be dedicated to leading the privacy function in the Americas and providing day-to-day privacy support and advice, including overseeing privacy by design, records of processing, assisting in processing of data subject requests, and providing necessary training to the business. As Senior Privacy Advisor, you will have a Privacy Advisor reporting directly to you. You will report into a Privacy Manager based in the UK. You will partner regularly with the business, including the Marketing, Digital and Direct, Call Center, and HR teams, across the US, Canada, Mexico, and the wider Global Privacy Team.
The ability to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with business partners at all levels across the enterprise as well as with colleagues on the Legal team is a must. Ideal candidates for this role will have experience working in a privacy or data protection role within a global organization or a consulting firm. Candidates for this role have the ability to take a strategic and business-focused approach to privacy compliance.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert, providing prompt, professional advice to colleagues where necessary
- Maintain and enhance privacy compliance requirements with the global organization.
- Support periodic review of applicable data protection policies in light of changes in laws, regulatory or organizational policy.
- Support data protection compliance reviews and oversee remediation activities.
- Support monitoring of system/processes development for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Support and the maintenance of vendor privacy due diligence and contractual safeguards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help maintain compliance and strategic alignment.
- Pro-actively conduct data protection impact assessments
- Responsible for timely processing of data subject rights requests and complaints
- Collaborate with colleagues across Dyson, including providing SME support to day-to-day queries
- Lead on business activities which require privacy review, and act as point of escalation for all internal escalations.
- Review and maintain data processing records (Art 30. GDPR)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three (3) years’ experience in privacy, data protection, legal, or compliance role having worked with data protection laws in a global organization desirable but other relevant experience may be taken into account.
- Sound working knowledge of privacy compliance requirements in the United States, Canada, Latin America and GDPR
- Privacy certification preferred (e.g. CIPP/US, CIPP/M)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside of the company, tailoring messaging to audience
- High attention to detail
- Good time management and organization
- Capable of working independently, but within a team structure
- Ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Self-starter, confidence to independently seek resolutions to issues when appropriate
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.