- Energy storage, Manufacturing and tooling, Mechanical Engineering
- United Kingdom
• Work with the project team to identify and capture the product characteristics and translate these to define the parameters of the manufacturing processes.
• Evaluate alternative methods of manufacturing and construct clearly defined and robust arguments for the down-selection of specific process technologies.
• Employ process engineering tools and techniques to develop and optimise chosen technologies such that they meet product and project requirements of cost, quality and delivery.
• Use virtual manufacturing and process simulation tools to validate theoretical calculations of process performance.
• Provide an expert perspective of the manufacturing process to develop design-for-manufacture and contribute to product value improvement.
• Specify technical instructions for operation of manufacturing processes and ensure that all risks associated with the processes have been effectively managed such that they are as low as reasonably practicable. Ensure that all required certifications and approvals required for the operation of the process are secured.
• Ensure that quality is built in to the manufacturing process design. Specify suitable methods measurement and inspection of key process variables and product characteristics. Complete statistical studies to prove that the gauges achieve required levels of accuracy and precision.
• Verify manufacturing process capabilities and capacities at each phase in the development of the manufacturing process. Work progressively, from research laboratory through serial production, to demonstrate that manufacturing process achieves the stated requirements.
• Define clear specifications of manufacturing processes and measurement methods to aid the identification and acquisition of suitable manufacturing and measurement equipment.
• Undergraduate or post graduate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
• Significant experience working in an industrial environment with at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or process engineering
• Proven track record of scaling and industrialising manufacturing processes from laboratory research through to serial production
• Applied knowledge of methodologies for new product introduction and manufacturing technology development
• Experience of tools and techniques for process optimisation, quality engineering, design-for-manufacture and value improvement.
• Familiarity with at least one of the following: electro-chemical processes, thin-film coating, automated assembly. Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Chartered Engineer or Chartered Scientist
• Experience of process used in the manufacture of secondary batteries
• Familiarity with PLM, CAD, CAM, ERP and MES systems
• Experience using virtual manufacturing and process simulation tools
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking Subsidized café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines