- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As part of the Global Procurement team, the Senior Procurement Engineer will lead and drive Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) to support the New Product Development process; collaboratively working alongside our Research and NPI (New Product Innovation) Engineers on our new Technologies and Products, throughout the design phases to Volume Production and End of Life.
The Senior Procurement Engineer will be the Technology/Commodity cost specialist and will interface between Research, Design, Manufacturing, the suppliers and Commodity Management.
Provide Procurement expertise and technical input on Materials technologies, by liaising closely with Research and Design teams and the Materials Commodity Management teams.
Input in to the development of requirements and specifications with Research, Design and Manufacturing through engagement with existing, and/or new suppliers to provide supplier feedback in to the design.
Research and identify potential new suppliers and/or work with Research, Design and Manufacturing to develop new capability within our existing Approved Vendor List (AVL)
Support Research teams in supplier technology scouting as the commodity/technology Procurement expert.
Ensure protection of Dyson IP through implementation of Dyson NDA’s, Development Agreements and Statements of Work
Create RFx work packages with input from other teams including Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality and analyse supplier quotations and supplier cost breakdowns.
Assess and qualify new suppliers and/or new supplier capabilities, carrying out relevant due diligence and supplier audits with cross-functional teams.
Work with Commodity Managers to develop commodity/technology sourcing plans and select suppliers for technologies and bought out parts, utilising the AVL and aligning with Commodity strategies.
Contribute to the business Make verses Buy (MvB) process, as part of cross-functional teams to provide bought out part/and or material costs and other Procurement information to support the MvB decision.
Input in to the Bill of Materials (BOM) target cost setting processes and drive target cost achievement for relevant commodity/technology.
Identify and mitigate cost and supply chain risks and drive multi-sourcing in early stage design
Identify key cost drivers in relevant commodity/technology and carry out Linear Performance Pricing (LPP) to correlate price to performance and identify best value pricing.
Drive and report cost avoidance throughout the product development phase and cost savings during volume production.
Calculate and deliver should costs for technologies and bought out parts
Support Commodity Managers in delivery of Product Price Variance (PPV) and Material Price Variance (MPV) targets
Represent Procurement at cross-functional meetings, milestones and project/technology reviews.
Procurement and Engineering experience within New Materials, including Paints and Coatings, Resins, Rubber, Foam, Metals, Filter Medias and Packaging.
- Excellent knowledge of emerging/new technologies within the Materials industry
- MCIPS and Engineering degree (or equivalent) desirable
- Experience of New Product Development, project environments and milestone processes.
- Possess cost and value engineering (CVE) skills to contribute to increase the competiveness and profitability of our products.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of;
- Cost analysis, should cost calculations, target costing and Design to Value (DTV)
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement and commodity management including;
- Global sourcing, particularly in low cost regions
- commercial negotiation, including contract negotiation
- Supplier assessment, supplier selection and supplier management
- Excellent commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work in Global cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things in a constructive way.
- Some Global travel may be required