- MYR Competitive
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Senior Manager in Category Procurement is the single point of contact to the new manufacturing facility for all procurement matters (and including P&E) focusing on milestone adherence and transparency, proactive risk management and driving delivery on time in full (OTIF) and target cost achievement from a BOM perspective.
You will manage assigned projects and products within the new manufacturing facility, ensuring projects are supported from a Procurement perspective from New Product Innovation (NPI) to End of Life (EOL).
- Develop, implement and manage project sourcing plans and strategies to ensure the right decisions are made when required. This will involve working with the Engineering Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, as well as the Global Procurement team and the focus is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production.
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are tracked and met, project status, risks and mitigations are managed and reported to Operations and key stakeholders, including Head of Category Procurement and the Procurement Director.
- Work closely with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred, ensuring all transfer deliverables are completed and ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Drive & manage project and product cost to meet Should Costs and Target Costs from New Product Innovation (NPI) to End of Life (EOL). The role will be working in collaboration with Engineering, Product Cost team (Finance), Global Commodity Managers & Procurement Engineering to ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the cost saving targets set for the Global Procurement team.
- Provide component pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue in revision, as part of the project life cycle.
- Encourage supplier input in to the design and cost, working with Engineering, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Assess supply chain risk for your projects within the Category to EOL, ensuring supplier and part risks are understood, reported and mitigated, to ensure continuity of supply and creating competition for cost benefit.
- Manage the procurement activities for prototyping and engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvement activity and process improvements.
- Degree/CIPS qualification.
- Demonstrable experience and/or recognised qualification in Project Management.
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Procurement experience or an awareness of Request For Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Excellent communication skills (in English).