- Calamba Laguna, Calamba - Philippines
Develop and lead key sourcing activities for Dyson SEA NPI Project in Manufacturing Equipment/Spares assembly at CM and RDD Equipment Purchases with engagement and support from cross-functional teams and key stakeholders. Strategies, develop and effectively manage external suppliers and coach the organisation on key deliverables from strategic purchasing approach (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Responsiveness etc.) to achieve current and future business requirements
Main Duties/Skills Responsibilities:
- Lead & Drive the strategic sourcing and deliverable of Plant and Equipment (P&E) cross categories for Dyson global demand, fulfil global equipment procurement strategies & gain concurrence / consensus across all stakeholders.
- Optimize, ensure the compliance of process, policy & procedure are meeting the business functionality across all categories.
- Lead the team & strategies supplier selection & negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team and ensuring best CQDR from the supplier-base for key sourcing activities.
- Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate metrics are in place and mechanisms are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence. Drive a continuous improvement on entire program’s flexibility & efficiency to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group.
- Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills, Fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective essential.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for team: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions under limited timeframe/short lead time development cycle.
- Prepared to challenge the norm and look for new ways or resolution of doing things.
- Assertiveness / negotiation - readiness to lead cross teams to take remedial action when required and ensure decisions are made when required.
- Strong & systematic management in Generate visibility, Monitoring and manage vendor performance & development periodically effectively.
- Support a transition program to improve Global Procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the Dyson group.
- Experience & able to cope in large scale manufacturing automation & short lead-time P&E projects; cross functional project management and possess effective supplier negotiation, management. .
- CIPS, SAP Oriented is desirable.
- Integrity / confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
- Category/Service/Product Knowledge – Moderate or developed knowledge of PE categories, however particularly understand the total Procurement & Supply Chain Management functions thru strategy; demonstrates the ability to understand the market globally; anticipates trends. Have an experience and capacity to manage average 300items per projects.
- Drive for results self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurised & fast pace environment
- Planning & project management (PDCA) distils complex situations into manageable tasks and interdependencies; captures requirements and manages work scope; where necessary, leads defined elements of a project plan; identifies & mitigates risks; communicates with all stakeholders; delivers project to specification, on time and within established budget
- Complex problem solving which require analytical skills; makes effective inferences & deductions; seldom stops at the first possible solution; quick to consider the implications of the solution
- Communication & presentation confident and clearly communicates at all levels using appropriate tools, techniques and channels in different situations; understanding the needs and wants of respective stakeholders .
- Degree qualified in Business/ Procurement and Preferable in Engineering field
- 12 years’ experience above in procurement with focus in indirect services category such as Equipment, automation and engineering purchases in global electronics industry.
- Extensive background in procurement and able to demonstrate success in delivering targets that exceed normal expectations
- Experience in Strategic sourcing and managing suppliers
- Global outlook and exposure to different cultures and challenges
- Exposure to cross-functional working and leading cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in delivering results in favourable and unfavourable conditions
- Understands and operates Supplier Relationship & Supplier Performance Management