- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Manage the sourcing process of (Selected Commodity) Tooling Procurement to support New and Repeat Tool Purchase (Plastics and Metals) to support New Product Development (NPD). Ensuring completion to meet project/business needs and start of production.
- Execute Commodity Strategy and Standardization in collaboration with Tooling Engineering Organization.
- Ensure Strategy and Standardization for responsible commodity is executed to plan and manage deviations though clear communication and management review.
- Execute price benchmarking and develop Dyson Preferred Pricing and Cost Roadmap for high runners in commodity
- Ensure roll out of Dyson Preferred Pricing to Dyson Tooling Partners.
- Drive Lead Time and Service/Support Improvements from Tooling Suppliers to assist business needs.
- Manage the supplier selection and negotiation process, coordinating the relevant cross-functional team(s) and ensuring best value from the supply base.
- Ensure, following contract award, that appropriate supplier relationship and performance management processes are deployed to effectively manage contract adherence & performance.
- Support a continuous improvement program to advance procurement processes, governance and capabilities across the group.
- Must be able to travel to Tooling Partners and Contract Manufacturers as part of work engagement, establishing excellent working relationships with both parties.
- Must gain first-hand experience on tool progress, partner capability and performance.
- Manage Supplier Performance, Quality and Delivery.
- Ensure Supplier Conform to Dyson Tooling Standards and Requirements to deliver excellent tooling on time, every time.
- Degree in Engineering AND/OR Tooling or Relevant Career Experience in related function.
- Experience with Tool Cost Simulation Software. (ie Siemens, Apriori…)
- MBA would be beneficial
- Supply Chain Management Certification (ie CSCP, CPIM, SCOR-P ….)
- Program Management Experience or PMP Certification
- 8-12 years’ experience in Tooling Sourcing and exposure to New Product Development and project milestone processes
- Work Experience in a relevant product category industry.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions).
- Strong Integrity and Character to manage high level interaction with Internal and External Stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate ability to evaluated and determine correct costings.
- A proactive approach and are forward thinking. You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions. You plan your time and your projects taking relevant factors into account.
- Integrity and confidence under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.