- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering, Research Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson is a technology company which is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, which is carried out 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Dyson so that our customers can benefit from products that work even better.
As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
- You will become the Verification Lead in competitor product performance and Dyson claim testing for personal care products, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards.
- You will liaise with Research, Commercial, Legal, CSI (Claims, Standards and Insights), CST (Competitor Strategy Team), PC (Personal Care) project and design teams and PC Verification Lead to identify and develop the verification strategy for competitor testing and claims; to assess and improve Dyson product designs and technologies to be able to be at the top in the market.
- You will work with GPVT (Global Product Verification & Test) engineers and technicians in UK and South-East Asia to identify, prioritise and plan performance test capability and capacity to support competitors and claims tests demand.
- You will review the competitors’ products features/technologies and provide advice on the test setup based on the specific products designs.
- You will review, align and report out verification plan, test method readiness, test capacity, test results (including statistical techniques where appropriate), the risks associated with the claims to be made and provide necessary advice to the relevant stakeholders.
- You should have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related field or equivalent experience with broad technical engineering skills.
- You know how to define system and functional system requirements, how to do requirements flow down. You have experience with FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), TRL (Technology Readiness Level) and statistical analysis.
- You worked with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodologies before and you had exposure to test automation.
- You have people leadership and excellent organisational skills; you are able to plan ahead, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate the work of others.
- Your communication and presentation skills are exceptional; you are able to translate and communicate complex technical information to relevant teams, managers and directors as required.
- You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems that have not been solved at scale before, proactive, and have high level of urgency and commitment.