- MYR Competitive
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Global Product Verification and Test is a diverse group of curious, world class verification specialists committed to product quality. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products verified to the full extent of the product requirements and specifications. We operate across different technologies, categories and locations but we’re united, dedicated and highly collaborative. We pride ourselves on our integrity, honesty and transparency and these traits are at the core of our interactions with the rest of the Dyson world. We have global opportunities and a personal development culture. We focus on growing our technical experts and our leaders of tomorrow.
Based in our new facility at Senai, our Verification Team will play a key role in ensuring the reliability of the proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in The Global Technology Development Team, as well as the Electronics Team. This team will design and develop new methodologies that enable verification of our new technologies – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution
Our Verifications Engineers will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
- Designing & developing both investigative and verification strategies for Dyson heater element projects.
- Developing & facilitating the statistical processes to determine sample sizes and life spans for specific tests.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all heater projects.
- Developing & documenting Test Methods
- Executing investigative tests where necessary, and converting investigative Test methods into Verification Strategy when appropriate.
- Executing Verification Tests and creating Test Reports
- Accurately acquiring, interpreting, processing and formatting test data and results within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Documenting and communicating test results and conclusions drawn in order to facilitate design recommendations and/or changes to current heater/thermal product design.
- Participating in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
- Driving necessary projects and/or meetings to enhance quality awareness within the organization.
- Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
- Liaising with suppliers to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers to manage operators where necessary.
- Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
- Actively focusing on continuous improvement of occupational health and safety conditions within the lab.
- Broad mechanical engineering skills, with a solid understanding of electrical engineering & heat transfer
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- More than 5 years working experience in Electronic/Electric design industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabVIEW or other similar software.
- Thermal modelling and simulation knowledge preferred.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions.
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management