- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As part of the Global Product Verification Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we verify and validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
- You will be aligning the product requirements with electronics software, hardware, system, app and cloud teams and responsible for the test and verification of the analog, digital, and embedded sub-systems for products. This will require close cooperation with the New Product Innovation and New Product Design and integration teams. You will work at the integrated circuit and product systems level.
- You will become the Verification Lead in Dyson product performance and robustness testing for robotics, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards.
- You will liaise with research, project and marketing teams to identify and develop the verification strategy for new products and review new and existing methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
- You will work with test engineers and technicians in UK and South-East Asian test facilities to prioritise and plan development of performance and robustness test method processes & equipment.
- You will review and present test results (including statistical techniques where appropriate), conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal team.
- You should have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- You are experienced with power supplies, cameras, mixed signal, analog front-ends, FPGAs, sensors, RF, and high-speed electrical signal characterization.
- You know how to define system and functional system requirements, how to do requirements flow down. You have experience with FMEA, FTA and reliability analyses.
- You worked with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodologies before and you had exposure to test automation.
- You have people management experience and excellent organisational skills: you are able to plan ahead, to prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate the work of others.
- Your communication and presentation skills are exceptional: you are able to translate and communicate complex technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
- Finally yet importantly, you also should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and enjoy greatly the idea of solving problems that have not been solved at scale before.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines