- Electronics, Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Our Verifications Engineers will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs. Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
- Design & develop electronics verification test strategies for battery/energy storage specifics.
- Develop & facilitates the statistical processes in formulating verification test strategies for Li-ion batteries for performance, impedance, cycle life and failure modes.
- Reviewing and analyzing all requirements suitable for either complete verification or investigation on all battery projects.
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusion drawn and make design recommendations for changes to current heater/thermal product to Design Engineering.
- Ability to accomplish technical tasks while working independently as well as in a team environment with other engineers
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities (e.g. DFMEAs & PFMEAs) and continuous improvement activities.
- Drive necessary projects and/or meetings to enhance the quality awareness within the organization.
- Collaborating well in technical teams while working independently within the scope of the Dyson behavior set.
- Liaising with suppliers to design, develop and build test rigs and equipment, where necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers to manage operators where necessary.
- Ensuring ongoing lab compliance with both Dyson’s and Malaysia Country standards of occupational health & safety.
- Actively focusing on continuous improvement of occupational health and safety conditions within the lab.
- Recognized Degree/Masters/PhD from an Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Energy Storage Engineering (Battery & Cell) discipline
- Broad electronics engineering skills, with a solid understanding of electrical engineering & battery technologies.
- Knowledge of li-ion technology, including various cell chemistries and able to understand the Schematic diagram and PCB layout.
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Fluent English communicator – both verbal and written.
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- More than 5 years working experience in Electronic/Electric design industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabView or other similar software.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for solutions.
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management