- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Senior Project Manager – Automotive Operations is a key member of the Automotive RDD Operations team with responsibilities to deliver our ambitious Automotive Operations plan including design and delivery of new electric vehicle research & technology labs and test facilities and implementation of new automotive operational processes and procedures.
- Work across the Dyson departments to clearly capture automotive requirements, challenging where necessary to ensure they align with cost, specification or the operational demands of an automotive start-up.
- Define project charters for each operations project including scope, engineering requirements, risks and estimated cost and resource proposals.
- Regular reporting into the Head of Automotive RDD Operations to ensure projects are on track, charters and business cases accurate and rick proactively escalated and managed.
- Ensure project governance is applied throughout the project lifecycle including regular reporting of cost, time and specification.
- Communication – ensuring regular communication and alignment with key stakeholders including the Automotive Leadership Team, Estates, IT, Health & Safety, Security and RDD.
- Work with specialist consultants to engineer specialist build and test laboratories including mechanical & electrical design, safety controls and operational commissioning.
- Work with the Engineering and Procurement teams in the development of detailed statement of works for tender and supporting business cases.
- Work closely with the Estates and Workplace team to ensure they are meeting agreed SLA targets for the Automotive Business.
- Identify and mitigate key project risks with relevant project stakeholders to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Support development of operational processes and tools required to run an automotive start-up operation in the UK focusing on lean, efficiency, safety and security.
- Review and Monitor operational RDD labs and test facilities identifying areas for improvement in our ambition to be world class.
- Degree (design, engineering, manufacturing preferable) or equivalent
- Experience in delivering or managing complex RDD labs and test facilities
- Project management capabilities; i.e. planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management
- Process Improvement and/or Lean trained
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior engineers and managers without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines