- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Working as part of the growing automotive team in Singapore, there is an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to lead projects for the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team within the Dyson Automotive Category. At this early stage the building and equipment development is centred in the UK and so there is a requirement for the new starter to be based in the UK for the first 3-6 months.
The core role responsibility will be to lead the automotive manufacturing facility development to enable the on-time, to budget and specification delivery of buildings and equipment in order for Dyson to manufacture its electric vehicles. This will require leadership, management and co-ordination across the whole of the Dyson Automotive Category, as well as external partnership companies.
The role will require the monitoring, management and reporting of key information on schedule, financial performance, risk and other KPIs, to enable monthly reporting of progress against plan to senior stakeholders. This role is a great opportunity to play an instrumental part in one of the world’s most exciting and innovative automotive projects.
- Own the overall manufacturing programme timing plan that includes - Manufacturing building design and construction, Process and equipment design, manufacture, delivery and commissioning, Integration of other required Dyson functional delivery streams, e.g. IT, Logistics, Delivery of high level vehicle programme build dates up to start of production,Key business dependencies and enabling milestones.
- Manage the delivery of the interdependent work packages of Dyson AME team alongside building contractors, facilities development and equipment delivery partners to adhere to the overall manufacturing timing plan.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities that affect milestones, events and phases of the combining work streams to evaluate their compatibility with the overall vehicle programme plan.
- Track the manufacturing facility total investment cost against the target, understand variances and drive the correct behaviours to ensure there is focus is on achieving the budget; communicate financial status regularly.
- Ensure collaboration and drive progress across the work streams and functional teams that deliver into the overall manufacturing facility development programme.
- Possess a recognized engineering degree.
- Project management qualification, e.g. APMP or PRINCE2, is desirable.
- 7-10 years experience in managing complex projects or programmes, understanding the interrelated activities and reporting in a concise manner on progress, financials and key risks/issues.
- Experience of managing large OPEX and CAPEX budgets to best deliver the programme objectives within the financial constraints.
- Experience of evaluating, understanding and managing risks (technical, safety, commercial) associated with a project.
- Experience managing technical projects and people working on engineering development projects.
- Experience of hi-tech manufacturing, and the development process required to transition products from development into manufacturing operations. Automotive or other relatable manufacturing based experience is desirable.
- Ability to fairly balance and trade off delivery, cost and quality in line with the business priorities.
- Ability to drive progress and actions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence decision makers (both technical and non-technical).
- Comfortable with taking a leading role and holding project members to account for their delivery into the project.
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, where specification and process are not always predetermined.