- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Project Management
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Senior Project Manager will be working in the EC Project Management team embedded within Dyson’s wider product development organisation. Reporting into the EC programme lead, the role entails working with multi-disciplinary project teams in different international locations spanning the operations, manufacturing, engineering and commercial functions to develop new Dyson products and technologies to the point of production and launch.
- Leadership and direction of global, cross functional teams to ensure communication and collaboration; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of problems.
- Identify interdependencies between functions and facilitate cooperative working.
- Global key stakeholder management.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost.
- Focal point for the implementation of Project Management governance across the Category.
- Ability to use project management skills in innovative ways and remain flexible as the role develops.
- Direct line management of current EC PM team in Malaysia, their personal development and performance evaluation.
- Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications (such as APMP).
- Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering, Project Management or can demonstrate equivalent experience.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project.
Experience of managing large/complex projects.
Experience of managing teams, mentoring, developing and coaching other professionals.
Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. leadership, senior stakeholder management and communication, risk management, issue resolution, budget tracking, benefits analysis, estimating and planning etc).
Strong communicator; ability to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, common sense and no embarrassment in asking supposedly “silly” questions.
Comfortable interacting with senior executives without diluting unpleasant news or well-reasoned analysis.
Readiness to challenge teams to take remedial action when required.
Ability to demonstrate understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in a fast-paced and often high-pressure, competitive environment.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.