- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Senior Project Manager you will join Dyson’s New Product Development team. You will ensure that deliverables are met in a timely manner and gain a sufficient level of understanding of the development to be able to communicate the projects status to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm when required. The role entails working with multi-disciplinary project teams in different international locations spanning the operations, manufacturing, engineering and commercial functions to develop new Dyson products and technologies to the point of production and launch.
- Drive and lead project delivery, owning the integrated plan, setting targets and monitoring progress
- Lead cross functional teams ensuring all deliverables are aligned to the project milestones.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and work with Finance for overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximise the performance of new products
- Manage multiple stakeholders expectations across all categories from early stage to launch
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications (such as APMP).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project.
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Experience of working in creative teams
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines