- Competitive + bonus
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Global Infrastructure team
The Infrastructure Services function provides outstanding global infrastructure services from detailed technical designs, technical and project delivery through to operational support covering a wide range of technologies. The team ensures Dyson’s diverse infrastructure is maintained and evolves to a level which supports the Dyson business while designing and delivering cost effective world class solutions for the future.
About the role
Project Management and Delivery
- Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
- Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
- Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU activities and those external to IT.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work with Programme Manager, Head of Programme Management and Head of Infrastructure to negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
- Produce project highlight reports
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
- Budget and financials
- Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Creates detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
- Manage the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly LE to Programme Manager and Head of Programme Management.
- Track and measure business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Do not accept ‘average’ or ‘Ok’, only excellence is acceptable.
- Act as a leader and mentor for colleagues in the Infrastructure Project Management team, sharing knowledge and experience to foster learning and development within the team
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years’ experience of IT Infrastructure project management (e.g. Network, server, storage, datacentre, new office builds) , ideally gained in strategic, complex projects for large organisations
- A proven record in delivery
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases and mobilisation of programmes
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects with budgets in excess of £2m
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations
- An agent of change
- Business change management / communication planning
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation
- Have a clearly methodical approach
We'd also like to see:
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Budget management and financial reporting
- Business case development and benefit realisation
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- On-site gym
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.