- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- Top Level Quality management of all quality issues related to the dedicated / assigned technologies and sub-assemblies.
- Responsible to manage the product and process behaviours on the dedicated / assigned technologies and sub-assemblies starting development stage until end of life cycle of the products.
- To lead the implementation of the established platforms and tools to drive the improvement actions towards the products and process behaviour.
- To lead any all/initiatives resulted from the analysis ensuring proper actions identified and closed.
- To lead the departmental reports with defined KPI-Key Performance Indicators and sharing it with respective stakeholders
- NPD/I – Early involvement with the new programs/products to give timely feedback (via understanding, monitoring, progress and communication) to management on status of manufacturability, capability and possible quality risk areas including rework lines. Responsible for the understanding of the CTC and CTQ characteristics in the assembly drawings and the mitigation of its risk and controls on those CTQ/CTC towards the manufacturing line; Ultimately a Superior Quality Control Plan.
- Daily Production – Establish, monitor, summarize and communicate issues and concerns as well as continuous improvement activities (start to end approach)
- Support corrective action process – Review & drive CM on having superior RCCA (Root Cause and Corrective Actions) on timely manner with taking consideration of the implication of the reliability quality of the products.
- Production STOP – Line Down – Oversee RCCA ensuring that the right people at the right level are involved. Produce and communicate regular (hourly, daily or as defined/necessary) updates to management on status, progress or where more specialized or senior management help is required for line stop authorization & reaction plan
- Sub-Tier Supplier Quality – where issues occur due to poor incoming materials quality or high line fall out that carries a risk toward the shippable product quality; to ensure that the CM takes the lead and the relevant Dyson SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) is involved.
- Lessons Learnt/Continuous Improvement – Identify gap and gap closure plans against Dyson agreed strategy for CM capabilities and performance. Coordinate with Dyson Quality Support team to review lessons learnt and support timely improvement against the Dyson strategy.
- Performance – Collate, summarize and communicate CM Quality performance through Quality Metrics data and audit results. Contribute to the Dyson Score-Card for QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Market Rework – Support, assist and/or coordinate as required.
- Sustaining – Monitor and address product field failure rates and drive improvements back to development teams where needed.
- Degree in Science/Engineering or any relevant course with at least 5 - 8 years working experience in manufacturing or relevant industry/field
- Self motivated, independent, results-driven.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or quality environment is mandatory.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views
- Knowledge in quality tools – FMEA, Control Plans, SPC, NUDD, Minitab, Failure Analysis, Reliabilty Failure Rate and analytical tools. Knowledge in electronics/PCBA manufacturing/ESD/software would be added advantage for the role.
- Ability to convert strategy to actions and deliverables according to department objectives and blueprint.
- Strong commercial awareness / background applied within a Quality and/or Engineering background
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success
- Good relationship management and excellent communication skills at all levels