- Quality and Reliability
- Shanghai - China
The global expansion of the Dyson business will largely be driven by continued growth in China. It will be key for our RDD and Operations function to evolve with this ambition and build a broader global presence and intelligence in China.
- Driving the supplier/s ensure that their process capability is established, agreed, understood and monitored
- Ensure suppliers quality readiness for NPI and SOP for all product categories
- Review supplier quality data to ensure consistent quality and capabilities and create visibility in Dashboard reporting
- Responsible for timely completion of supplier assessments and supplier performance management assigned
- Establish quality requirements for New Product Introduction through close collaboration with RDD, Engineering and Category Quality.
- Responsible for Supplier Control Plan review in EE Commodities assigned
- Lead New Supplier Audits, reviews assessments and support categorizations of new and existing suppliers for selection and de-selection
- Close collaboration with Contract Manufacturers and suppliers on RMA establishment of PCBA and other EE bought out parts.
- Ensure that the Suppliers RCCA process meets minimum Dyson requirements and expectations
- Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part or product driven and present findings at SEA Quality meetings.
- Drive root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
- Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard.
- Recommend suppliers for qualification and / or disqualification based upon quality performance in conjunction with Procurement and Engineering.
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies. eg. 8D, 5 Whys, GR&R, SPC, DOE, FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, DMAIC etc…
- Proactive and driver ship approach to anticipating issues, enforcing decisions, balancing opportunities and mitigating quality risks as early as possible.
- High performance and efficient worker with a track record of delivering on commitments
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve supplier quality issues
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
- Demonstrate understanding in full of engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
- Lead auditor trained or with many years of leading supplier audit, supplier qualifications
- Leadership ability and strong social skills towards global and cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- High Adaptability, self -motivated, independent and results-driven
- Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Knowledge and experience in project management will be plus point.