- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to join our team in Malaysia
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver quality across safety, reliability and satisfaction.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal teams.
- Own/contribute to team/dept level initiatives & change projects.
- Responsible for day to day operational management of a small team, ensuring quality of work and delivery of objectives.
- Takes a proactive approach in the generation of ideas/problem solving - present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Work across Dyson teams to create a Quality culture in everything we do and a 'how can we help' culture.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to embed learnings into working practices and streamlining processes.
- Ensure accurate and effective handovers between teams.
- Responsible for ensuring readiness of quality deliverables for reviews/lessons learnt/CI initiatives.
- Plan resources and leads recruitment for their team.
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Electronic / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity within a project management and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a design related environment is a must with in-depth knowledge & experience in designing manufactured products.
- Knowledge & understanding of multiple tooling & manufacturing techniques.
- Strong technical background in design methodology such as Monte Carlo analysis and Product Reliability Analysis.
- Experience is required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, DMAIC etc.
- Demonstrate understanding in engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions.
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects from design development to mass production with high levels of success.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value