- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The role will be based in Malaysia and report to Quality Manager in MDC.
To manage assigned Dyson Contract Manufacturers (CM) to achieve high Quality & Performance by ensuring robust Quality System, identifying and developing capabilities improvement.
To work closely with the Engineering, Manufacturing, Category & Supplier Quality and the Commercial team to identify Quality System improvement opportunities within the Dyson supply chain.
- CM's & Suppliers Quality Management, Development and process improvement
- Working with the CM's & Suppliers to ensure that their quality system process capability is established, agreed, understood and monitored
- Collect and evaluate CM's & Suppliers quality system performance data to identify quality system gaps & process improvement opportunities
- Drive solution for the above improvement from design to implementation via executing improvement projects
- Leverage strengths and capabilities among our CM's & Suppliers and standardize best practices.
- Collaborate with Category & Supplier Quality teams to review yield, line quality issues and audit results on system process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Responsible for timely completion of CM assessments and CM performance matrix (CM Scorecard)
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Category & Supplier Quality to ensure that the CM's & Supplier system capabilities are understood and any gaps in requirements are planned for closure
- Ensure that the CM's & Suppliers RCCA process meets minimum Dyson requirements and expectations need to modified to include other audits that happen with the CM
- Participate in SEA Quality meetings and present CM's & Suppliers QS system performance and improvement plan picture
- Communicate and instruct CM's & suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
- Participate in the Corrective Action Review Board (CAR)
- Ensure CM compliance to Dyson audits, country audits, major re-seller audits. Close any gaps identified during audits within stipulated timeframe.
- Work on other improvement projects (ad hoc) that would be assign according to business needs on time to time basis
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Engineering with minimum 5 ~10 years' experience in an quality capacity in a manufacturing environment or CM Quality Management
- Strong technical background in manufacturing and Quality management
- Good understanding of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies. eg. 8D, 5 Whys, GR&R, SPC, DOE, FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, DMAIC etc…
- Good understanding Quality System requirement and knowledge. A person certified as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) will be preferred.
- Exposure to regulatory and compliance certification audit requirement is of advantage.
- Proactive and driver ship approach to anticipating issues, enforcing decisions, balancing opportunities and mitigating quality risks as early as possible.
- High performance and efficient worker with a track record of delivering on commitments
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve quality system issues
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
- Lead auditor trained or with many years of leading CM's & supplier audit, CM's & supplier qualifications. A person certified as Lead Auditor ISO 9001:2015 will be preferred.
- Leadership ability and strong social skills towards global and cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- High Adaptability, self -motivated, independent and results-driven
- Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset. Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC/DFSS) will be preferred.
- Experience in driving improvement project is a plus. A person certified as Project Management Proffesional (PMP) will be preferred.