- The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package which will include a base salary, allowances and annual performance bonus scheme.
- Quality and Reliability
- Seoul - South Korea
We demand the most from our products and we want to exceed our customers’ expectations from purchase and onward throughout the product’s life. Dyson is the market leader for floor care but faces tough competition from local manufacturers. We are challenging ourselves to grow our other categories as fast as we can. Product quality at Dyson goes far beyond product reliability and supply quality. We want to exceed our Korean customers’ expectations and delight them with our innovative technology. The role being advertised has two distinct responsibilities Product Reliability and Product Insight to support next generation development.
In Reliability proportion of the role the Senior Quality Engineer be to run a team that will gather field evidence to help ensure our products work fully every time the customer needs. By understanding the reliability issues of our products in-market and their root causes, and the associated impact on quality perception, they will help to build an evidence-based picture to bring to life the voice of the customer. In this varied role, interacting with multiple engineering disciplines and the wider business, they will drive year-on-year improvements in design quality through all stages of the product life cycle from inception to end-of-life.
The objective of the insights proportion of the role is to understand the Korean consumers’ perception of our existing and competitor technology through reviews analysis, product trials and other insight techniques so we can drive excellence in the next generation of our technology.
Product Reliability – Using all available data sources, the role will provide localised information and insight to the Quality Category Teams on perception of Dyson products, with the primary focus of product reliability. The scope of this role is to run a team that will deliver the following.
- Engineering Paretos; perform basic engineering analysis of returned faulty parts or products in order to identify the actual failure modes driving customer complaints.
- Customer Comment Paretos; analyse data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms of customer complaints.
- New Product Launch Tracking; review and summarise all customer contact activity in territory during the first three months of launch in order to identify issues as quickly as possible and escalate accordingly. Perform basic engineering analysis on all returned parts or products providing regular updates to the Quality Category Teams.
- Early Warning Activity; Use data analytical techniques to detect any increasing failure rates, regularly meet with the customer service team to obtain anecdotal feedback of potentially increasing issues and further investigate and report accordingly.
Local Market Support – Provide localised Engineering support to the wider business.
- Liability Claims; assist with any local liability claims providing engineering insight into reported issues, reporting to the Quality Category Teams as required.
- Retailer Claims; assist with any local product reliability claims from Retailers providing engineering insight into reported issues, reporting to the Quality Category Teams as required.
- support, product rework, product compliance.
Indirect customer insight – Manage a team to use all available data sources to provide localised information/insight to the category on perception of Dyson & Competitor products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, YouTube etc.
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc.
- Ensure that on-line reviews are translated (where applicable) & categorised to identify consumer likes & dislikes with both Dyson and Competitor products. Ensure methodology is aligned with other Group functions i.e. Commercial Insights, Mechanistic etc.
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Under Category guidance create reports to communicate regional areas of interest.
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, methodology etc. Agree specific work package definitions.
- Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
Trials - Manage a team to deliver a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market.
- Facilitate internal market product trials at specified points in the development lifecycle - 01 Rig/EB1 etc. as defined by category quality
- Create & manage a local plan for the trial including support in targeting trial individuals, delivery program, survey distribution etc.
- Support the creation of trial surveys (to ensure local/cultural details are considered) and in translation into local language. Conversion of results into English is also a requirement.
- Support the benchmarking of competitor products during trials for comparison - survey trials for feedback to include perception scores/star rating.
- Generate weekly/monthly status reports to communicate current position of each/every trial across all categories & territories
Skills & Competencies
· Specific experience not required but the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, with practical examples, each of the skills/competencies and behaviours required of this role.
- A degree in a relevant engineering, design, Science or insights / Data analysis discipline (or equivalent qualification).
- Experience of running a Quality engineering team, preferably for a company that makes consumer appliances.
- Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing processes for domestic appliances.
- Ability to communicate well through a variety of media and work cross functionally with other teams.
- Fluent in English language
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to get stuck in, get your hands dirty and be a flexible team player.
BenefitsThe successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package which will include a base salary, allowances and annual performance bonus scheme.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.