- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia, Singapore - Singapore
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy-efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4,000 of us in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. We are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
This role will be based reports directly to the Senior Quality Manager. The candidate should have core competencies in managing the Supply and Manufacturing Quality deliverables particularly in Project Ramp-Up Manufacturing Quality Operations
- To assist Head of Department on managing Key Performance Indicators, KPIs whichever assigned.
- To engage Dyson cross teams / functions as well as Contract Manufacturer(s) during New Product Introduction protocols and processes to a successful SOP Milestone and later to Flawless Product Launch phase in the market.
- To support the development of LQOS Quality strategy, policies, processes, standards and systems for the RUQ team and later to proliferate further across the whole organization in Dyson
About the role
- Liaise with Market Quality Teams to understand the key performance issues on products in the field, whether they are reliability, performance or usability issues.
- Lead to review reports from Market Quality Territory Teams during launch monitoring period and facilitate on the return of any field failure units. Assist in analyzing field returns with the wider quality and engineering teams to access impact to product quality. Perform reliability assessment with further validation if required. Propose, drive and validate fixes.
- Propose and review design mitigations to ensure robust corrective actions (whenever necessary)
- Assist Project Quality Lead to drive reliability failure rate improvement activities.
- Perform prediction of product reliability failure rate with inputs from product validation and historical data.
- Liaise with the Quality Data Team to understand the product service activity rates of Dyson products in the field at both product-level and part-level.
- Assist the Hometrial team to support efficient and targeted, fact-finding trials of developmental products in territories. Investigate any reliability faults suffered by trial rigs.
- Ensure clear and effective internal and external communication within the Global Quality and Reliability and cross-functional teams.
- Produce clear and concise reports that summarize work undertaken that are tailored to the knowledge level of the intended recipient.
- To ensure all Dyson products are manufactured according to the agreed work instructions, standards, processes, procedures, drawings and guidelines including rework.
- To ensure all equipment, jigs and fixtures are made to specification, commissioned, calibrated, and used correctly as per intent.
- To ensure all production direct labor (including repairers) are well trained and certified to the required level for their assembly stations.
- Ensure the integrity of the production data and the product history records from the defined and agreed data collection points including IQC (Incoming Quality Control) to OBA (Out of Box Audit) and that these data are used to correct/optimize the line/s as part of a continuous improvement program. To also ensure that these data are with full compliance with the require record retention requirement and procedure.
- Establish, monitor and communicate CM (Contract Manufacturer) performance, gaps and improvement against plans.
- Support the Category Quality Team in understanding the perceived quality and reliability of Dyson products in-market, and the causes behind.
- Lead in building a data-driven picture with which to provide compelling answers to queries from a variety of origins. Support the work of Engineering to improve current products and ensure new products are of the highest quality.
- Develop the LQOS framework via high-level interactions with the Head of Department and Senior QM's in RUQ.
- To ensure the creation of processes, standards and tools to support the agreed LQOS framework via a very detailed level of involvement and coordination works with the RUQ multiple SME's.
- To execute the created LQOS framework to ensure efficiency in RUQ project undertakings.
- Lead in LQOS tinkering activities to continuously evolve the LQOS forward via incorporating Processes, Manufacturing and Design Improvements.
- To further support to proliferate and influence LQOS to Dyson Mainstream via introducing policies and procedures for LQOS overall governance.
In this varied role, interacting with multiple engineering disciplines and the wider business, the candidate will drive year-on-year improvements in design and manufacturing quality throughout the product lifecycle.
All aspects of managing the Manufacturing Quality Deliverables for Dyson Manufacturing lines including but not limited to:
- NPD/I – Early involvement with the new programs/products to give timely feedback to management on status of manufacturability, capability and possible quality risk areas including rework lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, issue revised drawings as being a complete and accurate representation of all information required to successfully create high quality control plans. To participate in DFM assessment if required.
- New Lines – Production Readiness - Delivering appropriate support for all new lines and production readiness is understood, audited, monitored, progressed and communicated. This should include any rework and tear down lines. Responsible for signing off, internally, the CM control plans as being appropriate to producing all parts, assemblies and products to Dyson’s specifications, required to be ‘in-place’ for the start of Engineering Builds and kept in synchronization with drawing revision up to SOP via CR process. Define, establish and sign off appropriate production limit samples.
- PFMEA – Proficient in hosting and performing Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis at various regular intervals to identify and mitigate production risks.
- Quality Metrics – Create management summaries from all data collection points from IQC (Incoming Quality Control) to OBA (Out of Box Audit) understanding process capability and RTY (Rolled Through-put Yield) and report performance daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly as agreed.
- Daily Production – Establish, monitor, summarize and communicate continuous improvement activities and issue management and station performance. Responsible to participate in regular Control Plan reviews and to review impact of Deviation Requests and Change Request to production.
- Support corrective action process – Manage, coordinate all production 8D/CAPA on timely manner.
- Production STOP – Line Down – Oversee ensuring that the right people at the right level are involved. Produce and communicate regular (hourly, daily or as defined/necessary) updates to management on status, progress or where more specialized or senior management help is required.
- Lessons Learnt/Continuous Improvement – Establish gap and gap closure plans against Dyson agreed strategy for CM capabilities and performance. Coordinate the Manufacturing Quality team to review Lesson Learnt and support timely improvement against the Dyson strategy.
- Performance – Collate, summarize and communicate CM Quality performance through Quality Metrics data and audit results. Contribute to the Dyson Scorecard for QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews).
- Market Rework – Support, assist and/or coordinate all markets and territories that the Dyson product are sold as required.
- Product Milestones – Contributing towards product milestones by identifying manufacturing risks with appropriate mitigations with timeline suggested.
- LQOS – Being a change catalyst to drive discipline and best practices across the delivery teams using LQOS methodologies. To ensure, it should operate to a clear and consistent ‘drum beat’ that all team members recognize (Quality, RDD, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Commercial, Contract Manufacturers, Regional teams, etc..)
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Engineering or Science but not limited to disciplines such as Electronic / Industrial / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a project management and manufacturing discipline in a regulated environment. Some experience in a design role will be an advantage.
- Strong technical background in accessing production readiness inclusive of assembly lines setup.
- Quality management of products in various development phases.
- Proven experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, problem solving tools and methodologies e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE, DMAIC etc.
- Demonstrate understanding in engineering specifications for component or assembly drawing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions adhering to clear processes.
- Project management experience, not just leading but delivering technology projects into production with high levels of success.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, catering for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset.
- Ability to plan ahead and self-organize, prioritize tasks and coordinate with the work of others
- Adaptability - Seek to stretch and enhance the role of Quality across Dyson cross functions. Supports others within the functions, users and suppliers so that maximum value is derived by all processes.
- Self-motivated, independent, results driven.
- Passion for delivering results and product quality.
- Process change / improvement skills are essential.
- Analytical and Attention to detail is a must.
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.