- Research Engineering
- United Kingdom
The Senior R&D Test Electronics Engineer will work within the floorcare research team to apply their skills and experience to invent and develop technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in future products. You will drive research projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels at which point the proof of principle idea will be transferred to a team who integrate and redesign it into saleable products. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to use their experience to mentor and technically advise the junior team members, and to implement new ideas to help in the continuous improvement of the team’s research capability.
- Supporting prototype design and build across NPI and Research from an Electrical systems and safety aspect
- Providing input and electrical expertise in test rig design and build
- Electrical support of third party test equipment
- Undertaking of research projects that either further Dyson processes or contribute to product from an electrical system stand point.
- Ability to approach a multi-disciplinary engineering problem and work towards a multi-disciplinary solution (e.g. Software through to Mechanical and Electrical/electronic disciplines) with a view to creating test rigs, test tools and prototypes for Research and NPI Engineers.
- Deals with “System” level solutions – multiple tools evaluated, selected and employed together, each providing their individual strengths in order to achieve accurate, reliable and often complex tools for Research and NPI engineers.
- Working with existing systems with Dyson. Using, integrating and re-purposing.
- Ability to select, design and build/integrate electronic circuits and hardware – e.g Op amps, voltage dividers, motor controllers, wiring looms, PCB layout and build etc
- Technical problem solving
- Consideration for life cycle of “systems” – both purchased and created.
- Gathering and interpreting customer requirements towards a successful solution
- Evaluation, selection and use of system level development tools such as Modelling, Software environments, source code control, documentation packages
- Good general Engineering background covering a variety of different applications.
- Ability to advise and coach customers on the benefits and draw backs of different approaches – time to implement/cost vs quality/flexibility/capability
- Identification of improvement opportunities in existing “systems” such as test rigs and Technical Home Trial rigs
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines