- Research Engineering
- United Kingdom
The Senior Aerodynamics Engineer (CFD) will work within the floorcare research team to apply their skills and experience to invent and develop technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in future products. You will drive research projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels at which point the proof of principle idea will be transferred to a team who integrate and redesign it into saleable products. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to use their experience to mentor and technically advise the junior team members, and to implement new ideas to help in the continuous improvement of the team’s research capability.
- Deliver product-focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies.
- Conduct detailed theoretical and numerical analyses of these technologies.
- Design and build prototypes of chosen technologies.
- Identify experimental test programmes to evaluate technologies.
- Analyse test results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or aerodynamics based – MEng, PhD or similar.
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of theoretical, experimental and numerical aerodynamics.
- Demonstrable industrial experience of the application of CFD (ANSYS Workbench, CFX and Fluent) or experimental techniques in aerodynamics to enable project success.
- Proven ability to work autonomously with the responsibility to deliver to tight project deadlines.
- Experience of engineering analysis tools such as Minitab, LabVIEW or Matlab.
- Experience with working in a large team and preferably large cross-team environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving ability, capable of logically assessing technologies using a variety of methods.
- Keen interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest advances in numerical and experimental aerodynamic techniques.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines