- Retail Operations
- Sydney, Australia
The Senior Retail Strategy & Operations Manager’s main objective is to set the operational standards for stores and manage all business platforms and programs that ensure the success of the direct retail stores.
The role works cross functionally, continuously gathering feedback and data to support long term process and performance improvements. This role is critical to making the store / stores a success by understanding the practical realities of all decisions made and influencing key support functions to think more “Retail”.
About the roleMAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with the Head of Retail ANZ to roll out the retail strategy of Dyson Demo stores and Community Hubs in ANZ;
- Implement, review and govern processes to ensure we are legally compliant and trading to Global Retail Operations best practice;
- Engage with key stakeholders at a group and local level to ensure we deliver on Dyson sales plans (Retail Operations, Retail Finance, Global Estates and PMO;
- Have full working knowledge of previous, current and future product range;
- Manage team calendar, coordinate meetings, track budgets, manage invoices;
- Ensure the store team have the tools to do their job, including but not limited to supply chain, logistics, store maintenance, retail marketing and HR
- Look for new, better, more agile ways of doing things including processes and suppliers
- Future proof the physical store with maintenance plans, cleaning contract, systems, processes and create company documents for local contracts
- Own the communication between head office functions and the store to ensure they get the right information at the right time and protect business continuity
- Liaise with head office functions at both local and global levels to coordinate on-site activities including services, deliveries, events etc.
- Take learnings from local market activity to continually innovate at pace
- Highlight and manage risks to key stakeholders
- Solutions focused to ensure we meet globally aligned business objectives, allowing for local nuances
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures
- Degree level (or equivalent) ideally in business, retail operations, project management or related subjects
- Retail or consumer product industry experience
- Experience working with senior leadership teams to deliver strategic outcomes
- Change management experience in fast paced organisations
- Delivering projects in the face of adversity
- Working with teams across geographies
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to adapt to ever changing business needs
- Strong business acumen
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent business presentation skills and high attention to detail
- Strong organisation and coordination skills
- Strong coordination of multiple streams to ensure delivery to program plan
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage own workload, work autonomously and as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft suite
- Proven stakeholder collaboration and communication capability
- High level of rigour and challenge
BenefitsDyson ANZ monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus and discounts on our latest technology. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are members of the Diversity Council Australia.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.