- Quality and Reliability
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Here at Dyson we have a successful culture of ensuring that our products are safe for our customers to use, we do this by going beyond the minimum regulatory standards to meet the level of safety we would expect ourselves. A key element of the safety process is to monitor all global customer feedback, to investigate any which may be safety related and to ensure that each claim is resolved.
AccountabilitiesAs Senior product safety engineer you will be instrumental in controlling the safety case identification process that is carried out by our global customer care centres and personally carrying out the engineering investigations to establish root cause. From there you will identify if product changes are required and drive these through the production process. As part of the safety team you will also be also be applying best practice of safety engineering within the development review process for every new product that Dyson creates
- To be a leader in promoting a cultural awareness of product safety throughout the company ensuring this ethos is built in as we maintain our growth in manufacturing, new markets and products.
- Monitor all global markets to ensure that they have the right tools to monitor and identify customer comments through continuously evolving platforms.
- Ensure that all markets have the right training, people and processes to escalate potential safety claims.
- Using data analytics to identify any potential trends in failure modes and to report on market safety claim identification performance.
- To support markets with engineering investigation on a centralised basis with the support of the global engineering teams. This may require some level of travel in circumstances where specialist on-site knowledge is needed.
- With often limited information; devise and perform bespoke experiments to explore complex failure modes whilst maintaining strict scientific rigour.
- Where appropriate, identifying and driving any required corrective action.
- Act as the focal point for market safety advising category new product development safety development decisions.
- Own and ensure all product risks are assessed adequately and where applicable suitable customer care responses are in place.
- Support the global legal departments with any regulatory enquiries regarding product safety claims.
- Monitor and champion the correct use of language regarding the communication of safety related concerns.
- Work alongside the development safety teams to produce and maintain standardised reports, trackers and dashboards to communicate market status.
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline with demonstrable level of experience
- A working knowledge and experience of Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering or similar discipline is desirable.
- Broad technical strength with the ability to investigate product failures and identify root causes with testing or analysis as necessary.
- An understanding of safety engineering/ product safety is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills able to convey complex ideas simply to a diverse audience. A confident presenter of complex technical subject matter.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environments.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and deliver simultaneously across projects of different priorities and pace. Results driven.
- Energetic and a quick learner, a self-driver at the same time willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Capable of challenging technical assertions about products and process in order to maintain the safety of the product.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines