- Hullavington - United Kingdom
- Location details
- Hullavington, Wiltshire
The role requires the translation of marketing requirements into specific requirements for vehicle control systems. Helping Dyson to differentiate and optimize the vehicle, this team is responsible for the specification and development of an efficient chassis control system strategy that will enable us to improve the characteristics of the vehicle and minimize energy loss through braking.
- Work with other Control Systems Group members to define powertrain control systems requirements.
- Design control systems in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and test, using plant models, to meet control system requirements.
- Define and supervise/conduct tests on rigs and vehicles using Rapid Control Prototyping hardware.
- Simulation studies to ensure that control systems bought from Tier1 suppliers integrate correctly into the entire vehicle
- Creation of (ISO 26262) documented Executable Specifications in Simulink for transfer to Electronics group for implementation.
- Liaise with Electronics group members to assist with implementation of control systems in the production environment (includes assisting with Software in the Loop and Hardware in the Loop tests).
- Strong understanding Control Systems Theory.
- Strong understanding of Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in logging and analysis of rig and vehicle data and writing technical reports.
- Experience of working in a recognised Quality Control environment desirable.
- Experience of Continental braking systems and MKC1 preferential but not essential.