- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore - Singapore
You'll be a passionate cloud/backend Senior software engineer. You will be working alongside a growing team of likeminded engineers in Dyson’s rapidly expanding IoT team in our Dyson Singapore office.
You will be responsible for building world-class technology employing the latest continuous delivery and devops practices to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Developing new features and extending existing platform using C#, NodeJS, Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- A good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Support and coaching of software developers through advice, guidance and pairing
- Improving team efficiency by analysing working practices and procedures
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites e.g. Atlassian JIRA/Stash
- Steering the direction of development in order to assist platform growth and feature enrichment
- Review the code of others for accuracy and functionality and to offer guidance for improvement if needed
- Monitor and assist with the deployment of code through test environments towards production and the handling of any issues that arise
- Highly experienced software developer in C# and / or Node JS
- You understand DevOps practices and have used them to build CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge and development of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure or Docker-based container management system
- Broad and extensive knowledge of software development processes
- You have strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, performance testing, mocking and contract interfaces
- High experience of design and implementation using SOLID principles, design patterns and architectures
- Solving problems and finding elegant solutions in a timely manner
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of CI/CD technologies and practices