- Hullavington - United Kingdom
We require a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to work within the software team developing software for automotive control units.
• Develop real time embedded software for a range of complex real time electronics systems.
• Develop Device Drivers on a range of silicon platforms.
• Autosar BSW configuration
• Analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms.
• Control system design and simulation of control algorithms using high level modelling tools
• Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto an embedded platform in C programming language.
• Experience with auto generated code and its integration (e.g. Mathlab/Simulink/RTW, Dspace, SCADE etc..)
• Develop digital communication interfaces and drivers, for instance Ethernet.
• Debug real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools.
• Integration of software with hardware and mechanics.
• Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
• Ability to take projects from concept to high volume production.
• Ability to work with suppliers.
• Support technical gate reviews
• Experience in bare-metal low level microprocessor software development
• Strong background in real time embedded C.
• Experience in debugging complex software problems.
• Experience working with embedded RTOS..
• Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
• Knowledge of implications of ISO26262 for Safety Critical software development.
• Knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet and Autosar.
• Knowledge of how to configure Autosar BSW using tools such as DaVinci Developer
• Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
• Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
• At least Degree level qualification.
• 5 - 10 years’ experience of designing control algorithms and software for embedded real time systems
• Demonstrable industrial C/C++ experience preferably in an automotive environment.
• Significant experience/appreciation of quality and process assurance.
• A track record of improving process and learning lessons from your experiences.
• Good communication and motivation skills.
• Experience in mentoring and coaching.
• Experience working within automotive or aerospace industries.
• Experience in defining software level requirements.
• IBM Rational Toolchain – Doors, Rhapsody, RTC.
• Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow / Embedded Coder