- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson software engineers are continually transforming the way our owners interact with their machines and releasing new features for the life of the product. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the connected home era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Products software represent the Quality and Reliably of the Dyson brand, and can correctly respond to the owners when controlled by connected devices.
We work in a supportive environment where the team embraces new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across different platforms (Lighting, Environmental and Robotics). You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, ideally with a background in embedded products with algorithms, comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
- Identify a Software Testing Strategy for Software in Embedded products
- Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases to build Tests in an Agile team
- Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around Hardware PCB or complete products
- Automate Software Testing using Python in a Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino environment
- Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Test Results with TestRail
- Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for Software/UI/Wi-Fi or new technologies
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
- Verification experience of code written in C/C++/Python, or connected products.
- Experience of scripting languages Python/Perl, or basic Vicon/Matlab/Labview,
- Awareness of Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar hardware for SPI, Serial communication
- Providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- Persistent nature, inquisitive attitude and results driven.
- Creative and product focussed ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
- Very good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
On site Gym
Ever expanding list of perks
Performance related bonus and yearly pay rises
Discounts on Dyson machines
Financial rewards are just the start of the benefits of a Dyson career. It’s an exciting, faced paced environment geared towards fuelling and realising ambition.