- Quality and Reliability
- Calamba - Philippines
The role will be engaging as SQE to support ramping and localisation of X332A/X332B/X248F/X248G/X285G/X308 Plastics and Non-Plastics parts in the short to midterm. The local SQE to engage with all commodities bought for and localized in the Philippines with know-how support and guidance from DMSB SQEs.
1. Supplier Quality Management, Development and Supplier process improvement (65%)
• Working with the supplier/s ensure that their process capability is established, agreed, understood and monitored
• Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
• Ensure suppliers Quality readiness for NPI and SOP for all product categories
• Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
• Review supplier manufacturing processes/yield, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
• Regularly communicate with Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, and Procurement internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
• Collect and maintain supplier performance metrics.
• Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
• Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure that the suppliers capabilities are understood and any gaps in requirements are planned for closure
• Ensure that alignment and agreement is reached between Supplier/s Engineering and/or Manufacturing for Dyson drawing sign offs, taking in to account the suppliers capabilities to meet the requirements
• Assist Procurement in conducting Supplier Audits, reviews assessments and categorizations of new and existing suppliers for selection and de-selection
3. Support corrective action process (10%)
• Ensure that Suppliers RCCA process meets minimum Dyson requirements and expectations
• Participate in SEA Quality meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
• Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part or product driven and present findings at SEA Quality meetings.
• Perform, lead or coordinate root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
• Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
• Participate in the Corrective Action Review Board (CAR)
4. Support Supplier Qualification and Disqualification (25%)
• Maintain supplier performance and audit results.
• Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard.
• Recommend suppliers for qualification and / or disqualification based upon quality performance in conjunction with Procurement and Engineering.
• Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Engineering with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering/quality capacity in a manufacturing environment
• Strong technical background in moulding/spray painting, metal-stamping, rubber, packaging and Quality management
• Extensive experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE etc…
• Demonstrate understanding in full of engineering specs for component or assembly sourcing.
• Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
• Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
• Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
• Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mindset
• Seeks to stretch and enhance the role of Quality across Dyson interfacing functions. Supports others within the functions, users and suppliers so that maximum value is derived by all processes
• Self-motivated, independent, results-driven
• Passion for delivering results and product quality
• Process change / improvement skills are essential
• Analytical and Attention to detail is a must