- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking to hire a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team in Johor
- Responsible for supplier/incoming QC development in a manufacturing process.
- Work with suppliers to continuously improve performance, implement process controls and develop quality assurance plans.
- Select the suitable supplier on aspects of quality, capability, delivery, environment and regulations.
- Understand the drawings, specifications and provide proposal to supplier for optimization on supplier manufacturing process.
- Track the new qualified parts and materials quality performance to ensure meet Dyson quality requirements.
- Has knowledge of Dyson’s manufacturing process, applications and process development in order to actively work with suppliers in improving the quality of the materials.
- Perform quality audit on suppliers to assure products meet Dyson requirements and regulatory standards.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- To plan and delegate of inspection job and any IQC/SQE activities.
- To supervise and drive IQC/SQE team by provide technical guidance and specification.
- To perform failure analysis, liaise with process/supplier for corrective and preventive action.
- To perform and follow up supplier audit.
- To maintain a proper filing system of the relevant quality records, e.g. Receiving Inspection, Material Discrepancy Reports, Parts Verification Records, Product Supplier list, Audit Report, etc.
- To closely monitor the quality performance of the suppliers and take necessary actions that is adequate and suitable.
- To verify and returned materials/chemicals from Internal Assembly production and effectively implement the necessary disposition.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Engineering, with minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering / chemical / quality capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Qualified ISO9001:2015 Lead Auditor is essential with knowledge of ISO14001 and IATF16949 preferred
- Strong technical background in raw material supply chain and Quality management
- Extensive experience is specifically required in issue management techniques, tools and methods e.g. 8D, 5 Whys, 5S, GR&R, DOE etc…
- Demonstrate understanding in full of engineering specs for raw material, component and assembly sourcing.
- Issue Management - Able to successfully manage complex issues whilst under time and cost pressure, lead / coordinate cross-functional teams in delivering timely solutions
- Experience in working in an environment where specification and process are not always predetermined.
- Analytical and data driven with an ability to generate a concise argument to support their views.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement programs and application of Lessons Learnt mind-set