- Quality and Reliability
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
This Senior Supplier Quality Engineer role is specific to managing the quality of all battery packs made for Dyson. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is responsible in ensuring delivery of safe and reliable battery packs into consumer’s hands. This role requires engagement with Design, Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams for both products under development and those that has started production.
- Key stakeholder in future proofing Dyson’s battery pack to ensure delivery of safe and reliable energy management systems by endeavouring to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for battery packs.
- Be a part of the wider team; Design Engineering, Category Quality, and Procurement teams to drive quality and productivity.
- Lead in quality for Contract Manufacturer qualification, selection and improvement.
- Assess and influence Contract Manufacturer strategy alongside the Supply Chain and Commercial teams.
- Work closely with the Contract Manufacturer to ensure their understanding of Dyson’s expectations and capabilities are identical. This includes definition of critical processes and controls, definition of critical to safety and reliability aspects, required reliability testing etc.
- Drive improvements and influence Contract Manufacturers to independently identify opportunities for improvement.
- Drive Contract Manufacturers to meet the Quality requirements for projects under development up to start of production by ensuring robust incoming quality plan, in process quality control and outgoing quality controls are identified and managed.
- Establish and identify systemic controls for critical processes at the Contract Manufacturer’s site to ensure these processes are always in control.
- Facilitate investigation of any field failures that may be induced by any Contract Manufacturer and ensure robust investigation takes place from containment to root cause analysis to corrective and preventive actions identification and implementation.
- Review Contract Manufacturer manufacturing processes/yield, collaborate with Contract Manufacturers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Report on Contract Manufacturer performance metrics and drive closure of relevant actions driven out of this.
- Provide insight to early stage design relating to battery quality including risks in production that should be mitigated in next gen battery pack designs.
- Be future ready by ensuring all critical requirements and lessons learned are documented properly.
- Support definition, implementation and compliance of all required certifications e.g. Dyson Quality Standard, IATF 16949, VDA 6.3 etc.
- Be an advocate for battery safety through continuous campaigns and field analysis sharing.
- Work with the market quality teams to support field investigation where needed.
- Other assignments or responsibilities maybe assigned on a need basis.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience.
- Educated at least to a degree level in engineering or quality.
- Completed formal quality training and have been practicing for 5 years – quality tools (8D, 5 whys, Fishbone, MSA), FMEA, APQP, ISO/IATF standards etc.
- 6 sigma green/ black belt/ CQE certified.
- Comfort with autonomy and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Confidence and technical ability to be able to deal with issues and the ability to learn quickly on the job.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent Quality knowledge – Critical to (safety, satisfaction, reliability), FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma etc.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to influence a thorough root cause analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both upwards and sideways.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and other business functions
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to technology development with a business focus
- Sound knowledge in ISO 9001/IATF 16949/ VDA6.3
- Basic project management skills required.