- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The role holder will have strategic responsibility for managing, analysing and visualising sustainability data. Furthermore, this role will help define and support integration of sustainability data systems across the Dyson organisation, communication of data led information and working with other data teams across the business. The role holder will report into the Head of Sustainability – Data and Programmes, as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team, supporting Dyson on a best in class journey towards environmental and social stewardship and sustainability.
- Responsible for overseeing the strategic implementation and evolution of new sustainability data systems within Dyson.
- Managing multiple data led projects in parallel, working across global data teams within Dyson.
- Architecting a control tower for sustainability data, working with external companies to develop the system, then overseeing the deployment of the system within Dyson.
- Creating sustainability education material for dyson employees through data visualisation.
- Responsibility for collecting, engineering, analysing and reporting sustainability data within Dyson. You will develop and maintain key metrics for sustainability data, and report to relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible to monitoring external data sources relevant to sustainability at Dyson, and disseminating that data where appropriate.
- Responsible for the detailed analysis of data sets to develop sustainability strategies and priorities, to improve the social and environmental footprint of the business.
- Generate unique inspiring visualizations of business level data sets, for strategic decision making through to companywide communication.
- Support development and implementation of sustainability data system infrastructures and programmes, from environmental data of buildings and infrastructure to the logistics footprint.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of Dyson’s sustainability goals.
- Upholding governance of data capture, manipulation, storage and use, abiding by international privacy laws.
- Demonstrable experience in a data analysis position.
- Experience in reporting tools (Tableau, Qlik…).
- Strong background in SQL and/or Cloud environments.
- Experience leading data driven projects.
- Experience managing skilled team of data specialists.
- Ability to create, troubleshoot, and enhance the business’s data loadings.
- Clear understanding of key IT business systems, reporting and analytics, general ledger management, and data warehousing.
- Skilled in statistical modelling, performing quantitative analysis, and technological data mining and analysis techniques.
- Programming languages, such as R and Python.
- Understanding of Sustainability data sets, and developing science-based targets
- Carbon footprint analysis
- Materiality studies experience is beneficial.
- Educated to degree level (Ideally scientific/engineering/data/IT) Approach:
- Creative problem solving approaches
- Excellent communication skill
- Interest in how business works and desire to improve our performance
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels
- Ethical, personal integrity
- Quick learner
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on / Thrives on change
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental