- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences.
We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way & at Dyson we strive to make a positive difference.
We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business.
The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reduce our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards.
It started with the vacuum bag – or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we’re constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
The role holder is responsible for providing strategic Sustainability leadership, challenge and direction across Dyson’s Global Estates portfolio. The role is to be an internal and external vocal advocate supporting Dyson on a best in class journey towards environmental and social stewardship and sustainability. Reporting into our Global Sustainability Director as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team with dashed reporting line into the Global Environmental, Health and Safety Director.
In the context of the scope of this role:
• Translate the business level sustainability objectives into Estates specific targets and initiatives. Be the coordination lead for the multiple initiatives and communication lead within the Estates team.
• Be the subject matter expert and primary point of contact, for all strategic environmental management enquiries, advice, support, training and coaching. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
• Deliver and implement a comprehensive strategic environmental Gap Analysis / materiality assessment and improvement plan covering Dysons environmental aspects and impacts.
• Create a best in class global environmental strategy with supporting goals and KPI’s.
• Create global environmental policies, standards and environmental management system.
• Working with the Estates team, provide innovative environmental advice, support to the design, construction and operational management to the current and future estates portfolio and identify cost balanced solutions and opportunities.
• Undertake strategic environmental assurance of key Dyson locations and the Tier 1 supply chain.
• Be the lead for global environmental management information, including any significant incidents, and advise the company on risk and a proportionate response.
• Develop and deliver strategic programmes to promote and enhance employee and stakeholder environmental engagement linked to Dyson’s core values.
• Support the Global EHS Team with the identification and interpretation of emerging environmental legislation and best practice.
• Build and manage relationships with external regulators, industry bodies and governmental agencies.
Support the development and implementation with the following parts of the global CSER eco system:
• Environmental objectives, targets, policies, processes, procedures or standards.
• Leading measurements on Environmental performance, providing insight from data and measuring performance against industry indices and best practice. Provide internal and external reporting as required.
• Environmental business cases, papers and technical analysis in support of governance requirements.
• Internal and external gap analysis and targeted proactive monitoring in the pursuance of attaining and maintaining Environmental legal compliance / best practice.
• 8 years’ Global experience preferably within an estates, research and development or similar environment.
• Extensive experience of materiality assessments and sustainability reporting.
• Demonstrable evidence of creating and influencing environmental strategy.
• Influence and partner with external stakeholders including relevant trade bodies or enforcing authorities in the development environmental standards and best practice.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
• Educated to degree level (Ideally scientific/engineering/property based)
• A recognised Environmental qualification.
• (At least level 5, preferably level 6).
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project.
• Experience of managing large/complex projects.
• Experience of managing teams, mentoring, developing and coaching other professionals.
• Demonstrable continuing professional development (CPD). • Membership of professional bodies (e.g. IEMA)
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
• Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental