- Compliance and approvals
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
As a global technology enterprise, we recognise that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way.
At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reducing our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards.
It started with the vacuum bag – or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we’re constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
About the roleThe Senior Sustainability will report into Head of Sustainability – Supply Chain as part of the global Dyson Sustainability team, supporting Dyson on a journey towards best in class environmental and social stewardship and sustainability within its supply chain.
The role holder will be responsible for implementation of Dyson’s supply chain sustainability strategy, including projects, policies, reporting, due diligence assessments and process development.
To champion and safeguard Dyson’s ethical and environmental standards amongst our supply chain. Duties include:
- Indirect Supplier Management
- Developing strategy for indirect supply chain due diligence, with internal and external risk assessments, audits and assessments.
- Integrating sustainability requirements into procurement processes and working with the Dyson Commercial and Procurement teams to ensure that new suppliers meet the required ethical and environmental standards.
- Developing and implementing Dyson’s programme for Indirect Supplier including risk assessments, supply chain mapping, policy, due diligence processes and KPI assessments.
- Audit Management
- Managing relationships with third party independent auditors, other external partners and initiatives ie; Responsible Mineral Initiative & Responsible Labour Initiative
- Assist the Head of Sustainability – Supply Chain in preparation and execution of the yearly Audit Plan for Indirect Suppliers and Material Suppliers
- Regular project status reporting to The Head of Sustainability – Supply Chain and senior management.
- Proven sustainability experience, preferably within supply chain.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant supply chain legislation including relating to modern slavery and responsible sourcing of materials
- Experience of designing and/or implementing risk-based supply chain due diligence processes, including risk assessments, audits and assessments
- A demonstrable interest and understanding of supply chain sustainability issues and the ways in which these challenges can be tackled.
- Willing to travel domestics and overseas
- English (essential)
- Educated to degree level (Ideally scientific/engineering/sustainability based)
- Knowledge of international labour standards, codes and audit standards such as SA 8000, ILO, ETI Base Code etc. would be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and to find innovative approaches to address new challenges
- An ability to see the bigger picture of Dyson’s overall sustainability strategy, and how this role contributes to it is required, in order to continually improve own methods accordingly.
- A methodical and detailed approach is essential, with excellent attention to detail.
- The role holder will be a presence for sustainability within procurement teams and the wider business.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.