- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. We’re rapidly expanding our product systems engineering team to help us manage that complexity and ultimately get our new ideas to market sooner.
About the role
As a product systems engineer at Dyson you’ll…
at the core of our early stage product development teams using systems
engineering tools and methods to bring clarity from ambiguity.
• Translate our product vision into clear and concise user, business and product requirements.
• Use MBSE methods to develop product architectures. Decomposing the problem into digestible functional, physical and behavioural chunks.
• Build and coordinate system wide simulations to help us to balance requirements early.
• Work collaboratively with all our engineering teams to clarify work packages, manage trade studies and resolve engineering issues.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of our global systems engineering capability including methods, tools and training material.
We need you to…
effectively on ambiguous early stage process.
• Challenge convention – Don’t blindly follow process. Change direction and find novel ways of working to make sure you’re always adding real value.
• Be inquisitive – always ask ‘why?’, seek to understand the underlying principles behind all engineering problems, strive to broaden your skillset.
• Influence – you’ll need to be able to convince stakeholders at all levels of the business.
• Communicate – be able to articulate complex ideas and concepts verbally or in writing to anyone.
• Collaborate – actively build relationships across functional divides.
Ideally you’ll have…
- Four years of experience in a product development environment performing similar roles.
- A solid grasp of requirements engineering and system architecture.
- Hands on experience with simulation and systems analysis using tools such as Simscape/Simulink and MATLAB.
- Some experience building architectural models in SysML using tools like Sparx EA.
- A good engineering degree in a related discipline.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.