- Singapore - Singapore
This is an opportunity to establish a new and globally consistent blueprint for graduate experiences and development. The Talent Development team in Early Careers at Dyson are responsible for planning and implementing global early careers development activity across each business vertical supporting both functional and behavioural development to create high performing talent with a bright Dyson future ahead.
Reporting to the Global Head of Early Careers, the Talent Development Manager will provide effective partnering to Heads of Functions, HR and TA peers to ensure Dyson’s graduates are supported to integrate and accelerate their performance in Dyson. There is currently a small team of direct reports (in UK and SEA) and shared resources in other locations. Matrix management is key to the success of the function.
Senior influencing – Using case studies, data, examples and great and creative ideas, gain the confidence and buy-in of budget holders to continue to develop programmes, interventions and rotations to give graduates a diverse, accelerated and unique experience specific and unique to Dyson
Build and maintain strong relationships with HR Partners and work collaboratively to define the development needs and align development with a broader people strategy
Understanding global landscape – Fully understand the global early careers landscape for each business area, with emphasis on identification and development of future leaders through building strong relationships with HRBPs and business owners, workforce plans
Budget Management– Be the guardian of business spend - monitor closely and approve spend on behalf of others where required. Deliver projects on time and to budget. Prepare cases to return to budget holder for additional spend if required.
Events – collective and individual – plan and resource (where possible) global schedules of activity for each business area considering budget and resource considerations of diverse business areas/markets.
Implementing – Hands on execution of plans and leadership and development of own team
Reporting – Develop and provide ROI reports on projects and spend, as agreed with business areas including key measurements (performance/retention). Provide evidence that the interventions you deliver make a difference.
Role model Different, Authentic and Better in all you do.
- You will have experience of working with early careers populations and experience of talent development
- Proven understanding of the theory of development
- Understanding of managing a matrix in a large global business like Dyson.
- Experience of content development and event planning
- Ability to build meaningful and engaging programmes that can be scaled across different environments and to guide on delivery and evaluation
- Proven experience of quickly learning a new business area and understanding their needs.
- Experienced of working at speed, ideally in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Knowledge of diversity issues affecting a corporate company and ideas and an appetite of how to address them
- Commercial awareness
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- A confident and shrewd influencer who reads when and how to gain commitment of others.
- Great delivery management: happy to get stuck in to the detail, creates energy and mobilises others (with and without direct line authority) to deliver against goals and projects, ensuring work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Results driven: tenacious and determined to get things done in the face of ambiguity and even opposition; and inspires others to do the same.
- Experience of working with providers/colleges/universities to create programmes meeting business needs is desirable
- Willingness to travel globally
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- High energy, resilience and passion
- Comfortable with a 8 months fixed term contract