- Energy storage, Research Engineering
- sn16 0rp, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Cell Engineering Manager, you will join a growing team in Dyson’s Technical Research Group focussing on the next generation of batteries for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovation to integrating mechanical, aerodynamic and electromagnetic concepts while considering the impact on performance.
- Build prototype cells and cell sub-assemblies following defined processes to give repeatable and reproducible results
- Perform product validation, focusing on a thorough and consistent approach
- Use precision measurement equipment and accurately record critical build and test data
- Participate in gauge R&R studies
- Design and manufacture high quality assembly fixtures using workshop machinery as required
- Work to a tight schedule, prioritise workload and deliver on time
- Carry out testing on prototype motors following documented processes
- Assist in all areas of preparing and implementing cells in testing facilities
- Adhere to safe working practices and lab rules
- Proactivity seek to identify and implement as appropriate continuous improvement practices
- Carry out process studies to determining the most suitable and robust assembly and manufacturing techniques required at various stages of our project cycle
SkillsMinimum technical experience and knowledge:
• Experience of working with chemicals at medium and large scale, including an understanding of COSHH, H&S and safe laboratory practice.• Ability to utilise assembly and processing equipment, including manual, semi-automatic and automatic processes.• Experience of complex / skilled assembly or maintenance work • Practical and methodical approach to problem solving with a keen focus on attention to detail • Excellent verbal and written communication to convey information in an appropriate and concise manner. • Have a flexible attitude being adaptive to changing priorities • Display a basic competence of MS Word and Excel • An ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving • An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently • Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done Desirable experience:• Appreciation of relevant cell or battery pack technology • Experience of cell assembly, including medium and large scale cells
Essential behavioural skills:
• Good analytical ability and attention to detail • Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format • Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values that would result in great Dyson products • A flexible approach to work, adapting to change • To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner • Excellent team working skills.