- Product Design, Research Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleMain Duties/Responsibilities:
- Team Management - To own and support test activity based on assigned test area, leading a group of test executer (operators). To assist Test Engineer in planning and executing general improvements in the assigned area, e.g. training of staffs or improvements of test facility.
- Team Management - Lead a team of test technicians, carrying out all personnel management activities including 1-2-1s, goal setting, performance management, people development, end-of-year reviews, coaching and work allocation planning
- Test Method Development & Improvements – To contribute to the development of new or revise current test methods (DTM – Dyson Test Method) including developments of test rigs, equipments and other requirements to facilitate testing. To execute relevant investigative testing when necessary.
- Test Planning - To assist Test Engineer/Assistant Engineer/lab owner in test capacity forecast activity.
- Design Support - To ensure that the team provides timely support towards pre-development & post-development testing, based on agreed test plan, monitoring periodical test progress/results updates by the team.
- Test Standard Adherence - To strictly ensure all the test activities are carried out according to the documented plan and test procedures such as DTM’s, international standards (IEC, ASTM, etc) and Test Matrix.
- Systems & Document Approval – To review failure summaries from team, to ensure timely creation of Test IDs in TRs on TC, and to ensure timely issuance of test reports & PRs
- Communications – To participate in daily Toolbox meeting with team. , and communicate issues to Test Engineers
- Preventive Maintenance - To maintain control plan and execution of maintenance of test rigs, tools, equipments.
- Inventory Management - To understand the importance of a good inventory plan of lab consumables and support the Test Supervisor in sustaining the inventory.
- Facility Management - To ensure team in assigned areas adhere to housekeeping and safety rules at all times.
- Others - To carry out other related tasks that may be given in addition to the above main tasks. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices with a requirement to solve complex problems
- Education Background - Minimum of Diploma in preferably Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Working Experience - Working experience of 3 to 5 years as Senior Technician in Testing or Engineering environment is preferred.
- Managing Experience - Experience in managing a small team of technicians and appropriate people management experience is mandatory.
- Traits - Self-driven with strong willingness to learn new things and challenge the existing test methods to ensure accuracy and robustness, with the ability to think out of the box. Able to work independently as well as in a group effectively. Capable of working under pressure, multi-task, commit to tight deadlines and able to think and react promptly.
- Soft Skills - A good planner with strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate at all level of employees and dealing with difficult people. Good command of the English language is a definite advantage.
- Specific Skills (Lab Operations) - Candidate with basic knowledge of testing operations or equipment maintenance (5S, Lean, GR&R, SPC, OSHA18001) is preferred.
- Specific Skills (Statistics) – Experience in using Minitab/Weibull or other equivalent tools will be an added advantage.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.