- Research Engineering
- United Kingdom
Our research and testing enables us to pioneer new technology by continuously improving and developing our machines. The team is hands-on and integrated, which means you’ll be fully involved in the development process. You’ll generate innovative concepts basedon scientific theory through experimental test and simulation – designing, building and testing prototypes, before analysing performance and communicating findings.
About the roleThe successful candidate will join the Personal Care research team helping to develop new product opportunities by assisting the research scientists and engineers with experimental investigations.
Working in an upstream research team will require the candidate to be familiar with testing early stage concepts and assisting the research teams with highly speculative investigations. Familiarity with measurements such as Hair Combing (Diastron), particle size, surface tension, contact angle, pH and viscosity is advantageous.
This is a lab-based role; knowledge of laboratory equipment and the ability to carry out routine technical tasks accurately is desired, ideally with a background in the health & beauty sector.
As a senior technician there is also the requirement to lead by example, either independently or as part of a team, demonstrating high levels of focus and attention to detail. Demonstrable experience of working in a laboratory environment, ownership of sensitive equipment (including maintenance, calibration, and training), and lab management duties is necessary
- Following SOPs across a variety of Personal Care product types
- Carrying out and recording the results from internal performance test methods
- Highlighting and implementing improvements to Test Methods and Lab Processes
- Managing multiple test briefs simultaneously
- Setting up and running stability and compatibility testing
- Packing off, labelling, recording products for trials and consumer tests.
- Maintaining lab samples of all trial products
- Ensure records of all work are accurately maintained and up to date
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Laboratory and Development areas
- Produce high quality test reports.
- Experience of working in either GMP/GLP environment.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work (HASAW), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Good understanding of the requirements and experience of putting in place procedures to ensure the correct handling of raw materials, prototypes and finished goods.
- Experience using quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. fluorescent and confocal microscopes)
- Experience in consumer products/consumer care/pharmaceutical sectors is preferred.
- You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time / projects and possess the flexibility to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload to meet daily requirements
- Experience using computer systems to input, retrieve and update all relevant data
- Evidence of being able to efficiently plan, organise and manage own workload according to top level briefs
- Ability to react and respond positively to changes in priority and workload
- Capable of working individually or as an interchangeable member of a small team
- Accurate with very good attention to detail
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.