- Mechanical Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role
We are looking for someone to join our Global Product Verification and Test team, this is an existing role where you will be working alongside the RDD team testing prototype products from an electro mechanical perspective, to ensure that our new products are of the right standards to wear the Dyson brand and support our quality and environmental standards. The role requires you to conduct standard and development robustness and performance tests to validate sub-assembly and total product performance for future Dyson products.
This is what we need you to do...
- Carry out testing duties (including customer communication/results reporting) in a professional manner, to agreed timescales and to the highest quality standards, adhering to required processes & procedures, recording & communicating results/outputs clearly
- Execute duties which support testing tasks in a timely manner and to schedule where appropriate to minimise unexpected down-time / delays e.g. prototype product maintenance, equipment calibration, test preparation, scheduled lab maintenance, housekeeping, material ordering.
- Write test reports and event summaries.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of team-specific specialisms e.g. test procedures, physical principles, materials, product development risks, equipment, instrumentation.
- Lead some training/induction activities as required.
- Carry out local area tours & demos as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and auditing.
- Contribute to the development of new test methods.
- Previous experience in a test environment and demonstrated competency in the skills required for a test role highly desirable.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, instrumentation and airflow systems.
- Knowledge of Raspberry Pi, Arduino or Siemens LOGO! advantageous
- Qualification in electrical safety testing or risk assessments desirable.
- Experience of Quality Management Systems.
- Thorough and logical approach with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to create accurate documentation and keep detailed records
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, self motivation and teamwork skills and an ability to work conscientiously.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient understanding of Office365
· Solid organisational and planning ability (i.e. a practical, logical approach to problem solving)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.