- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson has an opportunity for a Senior Test and Validation Engineer to join the highly successful Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at Hullavington.
AccountabilitiesReporting to the Powertrain Integration and Validation Manager, the Senior Test and Validation Engineer will lead the creation and implementation of powertrain (battery, inverter, motor, gearbox, HV EDS, and charger) DVPs. The role requires a good knowledge of BEV powertrains and the complete design verification process. As senior engineer you will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of DVP creation and implementation processes, and their integration to the wider engineering quality process.
• Lead the creation of powertrain DVPs, collaborating with attribute and commodity leads.• Coordinate and plan DVP activities to deliver robust powertrain validation.• Identify and liaise with external test facilities where required.• Liaise with powertrain test engineers and technicians to deliver DVP testing.• Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required.• Ensure timely development to support the overall programme timing.
Skills• A degree in engineering or relevant science.• Proven experience in powertrain DVP creation and implementation, preferably for BEVs.• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.• Strong team work and influencing skills.• Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and work with a can-do attitude.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines