- Manufacturing and tooling
- Calamba - Philippines
1. To provide tooling support to our Dyson design Teams to ensure capability of product designs.
2. To work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools.
3. To co-ordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
4. For new tooling – review and approve Tooling DFM (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc)
5. To review the tool designer recommendation of tool size, cavity quantity, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates.
6. To advise recommend action on tool repair requests as made by Prim Contractors
7. Propose vendor and delivery times for tool modifications and repairs.
8. To ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations.
9. To support tool maintenance schedules for the entire suite of Dyson tools.
10.to make sure All dyson toolmakers work to the tooling Manuel using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
11) Mold design detail review (CAT A)
12) Consolidate and develop preferred mold design for common parts.
a) Cat A tools
b) Shared tools (mold life, interchangeabilities etc)
13) Mold flow analysis specific to mold making and Category A product
14) Optimize and standardize molding machine capacity and process for Cat A product as the priority
15) Able to work and manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations etc..
16) Able to work in high pressure situations to manage multiple priorities and expectations
• At least 10 years of working experience in Injection tooling and moulding field
Tool design / development
Injection moulding process in-depth knowledge in molding / tooling process development, trouble shooting, hot runner selection and product requirement.
• Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving with analytical skills able to question and challenge when needed
• Team player and good at communicating with all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication in the English and Filipino
• Good interpersonal and project management skills.
• Proactive and self-starter.
• Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
• Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
• Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
• Able to use Microsoft office applications with complex Excel calculations with Macro and Formula’s
• Expertise in MS-Project, Power Point to drive projects with management and working level reports
• Supplier management capability to build up professional relation and drive projects
• Risk mitigation experience while driving critical projects to meet timelines and out of box thinking
• Influence the cross-team to decision making and bring in conclusion to goal/decision making .