- $ Competitive
- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
As Dyson continues to grow, there is an opportunity for an experienced tooling engineer to supports our manufacturing operations in the region.
- Provide tooling support to Dyson design teams to ensure capability of product designs. Work together with RDD for developing innovative tool designs, new technologies and mature the NPI product design to manufacturing.
- Work closely with a small team of locally based tooling engineers and supporting administration functions to support the designing, procurement and maintenance of our tools. • Coordinate our tool vendors in terms of on time delivery and quality of work.
- Approve new tool DFM and General Assembly drawings (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, Type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements etc).
- Ensure that Dyson tooling assets are maintained and the asset lists are accurate and up to date in terms of description and locations. Ensure Dyson toolmakers work to the tooling manual using good working practises to deliver a robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time.
- Optimize and standardize moulding machine capacity and process for Cat A product as the priority.
- Participate in cost reduction, cycle time, quality monitoring to deliver business and KPI requirements.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Tool design, Machining, Injection tooling and moulding.
- Able to manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations.
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing.
- Team player and good at communicating with all levels.