- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for an Experience Designer with a background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. You’ll have an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly, accessible designs, working closely with our talented and inspiring Digital Experience team. You’ll be passionate about applying current UX principles to insight-driven, user-centred designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital ecosystem.
We’re a team of smart, expressive people, given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. We like to think we’re free from the typical constraints of big corporate culture and instead have fostered a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career, meaning you’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds.
About the roleWe like people who bring their own unique style to the team and help make us greater than the sum of our parts. If any of the following values resonate with you, then read on.
- You know the best way to tackle complex challenges by remaining agile.
- You understand the various components that make up the digital design and development process.
- You constantly challenge your own thinking to get to the best solution, and use insight to drive a better experience.
- You understand that small optimisations can also have a big impact (it’s not always all about making innovative changes).
- You’re always learning - the type of person who is always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
- You’re something of a digital obsessive and you have your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, award-winning creative, trends and advancements.
- You’ll bring this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand Dyson’s digital output.
- You do your best work within multi-disciplined teams and know that shared understanding is their secret.
- By nature you share your ideas with colleagues and peers and love to see them adapt and evolve as a result of constructive criticism.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working with our Creative Head/Lead to create and evolve new visual solutions.
- Demonstrating exceptional creative thinking, and executional design skill.
- Taking on board data-driven insight to create intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories.
- Understanding customer journeys and how they interact with Dyson’s digital touchpoints.
- Being comfortable in creatively steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on beautiful layouts with intuitive usability.
- Being versatile and enjoying working on a variety of projects within the vast array of Dyson’s digital platforms.
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the organisation and especially within our multi-disciplinary agile-based teams.
- Ensuring all designs work within a responsive framework and are built on our Dyson Design System.
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Enjoying working as a key member of a close-knit, sociable team.
- As part of the next stage of your career progression, begin to develop the skills required to manage, coach and direct junior creatives.
- Five or more years of relevant experience and a proven track record.
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows.
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Axure.
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (including tablet and mobile).
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving based upon it.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
Applying for this role:
If you feel like this role is a good fit with your experience, personality and skills, please apply with your CV and a short note to say why you’re the perfect candidate. Don’t forget to also send us a portfolio of your own work.Remember – we’re just as interested in understanding your approach to design problems as we are in seeing samples of work that best represent you.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.