- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the Global Commercial team, the Digital Experience Design team is responsible for designing the journey’s that bring our technology and products to life. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the roleWe’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer who is truly passionate about designing insight-led user experiences. You’ll have an aptitude for creating visually stunning, user-friendly, accessible designs, working closely with our talented and inspiring Digital Experience team. Something of a data-geek your expertise spans from UX research to IA and content strategy. You’ll have a strong understanding of what it means to apply UX principles in order to design the best data-driven and user-centered designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital ecosystem.
You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Adept at balancing the integrity of the user experience with technology, commercial and time requirements. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
Something of a digital obsessive with your finger on the pulse of the forever-changing digital world, keeping abreast of the latest industry thinking and ideas, trends and advancements. Always learning and always interested in developing new skills that make you a better designer and communicator.
Confident in your design process, you’ll understand the underlying structure of cross-channel experiences and how they affect multiple audiences. You’ll know the best way to approach complex challenges and understand the various components that make up the design and development process. Bringing this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand our digital output recognizing that it’s not always all about making innovative changes - small optimisations can also have a big impact.
- Working with our Design Leads, UX Researchers and Insights teams to create and evolve new experiences and solutions. Demonstrating exceptional creative thinking and executional design skills.
- Undertaking UX testing activities, including scoping, discussion plans, usability trials and card sorting, to guide your design approach.
- Highly proficient with complex prototyping, sketching and wireframing as well as gathering insights, interpreting and reporting on the data.
- Owning project tasks and outputs, leading and influencing the IA across navigation and content to ensure accessibility and SEO standards are maintained.
- Understand and design our customer journeys, defining the interactions across all of digital touchpoints. Taking on board the data and research to create intelligent and relevant designs across our multiple categories.
- Comfortable in creatively steering a project from initial concept through to delivery, focusing on the experience and interactions we create through beautiful design and intuitive usability.
- Versatile and enjoy working on a variety of projects within the vast array of Dyson’s digital platforms.
- Working collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary agile-based teams as well as other areas across the organisation and globe, demonstrating understanding of the cultural differences of our owners.
- Ensuring all designs work within a responsive framework and are built on our Dyson Design System. Demanding consistency of experience across the multiple touchpoints.
- A champion of best practice, UX principles and advancing our core Dyson Values.
- Confident in presenting and explaining creative ideas to senior stakeholders and colleagues.
- Actively advancing the development of the team; managing, coaching and providing direction to junior and middleweight designers.
- Five or more years of relevant experience and a proven track record
- A strong portfolio to be presented and walked through during interview
- Experience creating complex prototypes, wireframes, storyboards and user flows
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop , InVision and UXPin
- Experience in responsive design for multiple devices (mobile first)
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience in managing a design team
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving based upon it
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.